Narcolepsy (HLA-DQB1*06:02) Genotyping
Find out if you are at risk
- Excessive daytime sleepiness can be a sign of narcolepsy
- Narcolepsy affects 1 in 2000 people
- 90 – 99% of patients with narcolepsy test positive for HLA-DQB1*06:02
- Having a family member with narcolepsy increases your risk by 20 to 40x
- Simple mouth swab DNA test with results in 1 – 2 weeks
The gene most commonly associated with narcolepsy is called HLA-DQB1. HLA-DQB1 encodes a component of the human leukocyte antigen complex, which is an important part of the immune system.
About Narcolepsy DNA Testing
The Narcolepsy (HLA-DQB1*06:02) Genotyping Test uses high resolution Sequence Based Typing (SBT) technology to confirm an individual’s HLA-DQB1 genotype.
Order by Phone: 1-888-828-1899 Monday to Friday, 8AM – 5PM PST (11AM – 8PM ET)
for Healthcare Providers and Hospitals
Receive more information or to get your clinic set to up offer Narcolepsy DNA testing to your patients.
How will I receive my results? How long will testing take? What are the possible results and what are the interpretations for each result type?